Samal Del Norte is located in Mindanao and it is only a two kilometers away from Davao City. Samal is known for pristine beaches, spectacular marine reef, affordable and expensive resorts that invite tourists from any part of the world.
Canibad is one of the beautiful beaches in the Garden City of Samal. It is a less developed place and you’ll experience a very steep trail going down before reaching the majestic beach with white sand and pebbles surround.
See more photos below:
When in Davao City:
- Bus from Magsaysay Park to Peñaplata- 50.00 PHP/Person
- Motorcycle from Peñaplata to Canibad- 75.00 PHP/Person (Minimum of 2 passengers)
Accommodation and Other Expenses
Resort Name: Hidden Paradise Resort. So far, this is the most affordable resort in the area.
- Closed Cottage: 1000.00 PHP/day
- Open Cottage- 300. oo PHP/day
- Table Rental: 100.00 PHP/Person
- Entrance Fee: 50.00 PHP/Person
- Toll Fee: 20.00 PHP/Person ( We used the entrance gate of other resort. I recommend to tell your driver to drop you off directly at the Hidden Paradise Resort)
- Bring your own food and drinks because there’s no restaurant available in the area.
- Buy all your stuff in a convenient store near the Bus Stop in Peñaplata. Stores in Canibad are selling products twice the mall price.
- Bring your tent. Tent setup is only 100.00 PHP.
- Bring power banks because there’s no available socket in the cottages. The owner charges a minimum of 20/php per full charge of your gadget.
- Rent a boat for only 100 PHP per hour to explore the entire resort.
- Bring your snorkeling gear and say “Hello!” to my adorable friends underwater.
- Do not leave the place without trying “Cliff Jumping” cos its the most awesome experience ever!
- Internet signal is weak in the area. So, it is better not to bring your work if you’re working online.
|Bus Fare||120.00 (Roundtrip)|
|Motorcycle (Habal-habal) Fare||150.00 (Roundtrip)|
|Cottage Rental (300 PHP/3)||100.00|
|Boat Rental (100 PHP/3)||34.00|
|Total Expenses/Overnight||974.00 PHP|
That’s all folks and I hope you will enjoy the place when you’ll visit there one day.